What Data We Collect
We collect the following personal information:
- Personal identification information (name, business name, mailing address, email address, and phone number).
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address and network location used;
- Site navigation information including IP address, your location, your time of visit, pages visited, time spent on each age, your browser, your operating system, and the website visited prior to visiting our Website.
How We Collect Information
By using our Website, we collect personal information from and about you in the following ways:
- You contact us by joining our mailing list or contacting us via an online form, email, or by phone;
- You purchase our products and services;
- You purchase tickets for our She Stands Tall® Women’s Entrepreneurship Week, She Stands Tall, and/or She Shines events (the “Events”);
- You RSVP for Events;
- You post reviews, comments, pictures, videos, or other content on social media;
- You respond to surveys about our Events or services;
- You sign up for contests or special offers;
- You register for accounts with us;
- Google Analytics, a web and traffic analytics tool. Google Analytics collects and processes data as described here (“How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”); and
For What Purposes We Collect Information
We collect your personal information so we can:
- Process and/or manage your Event registration or order;
- Provide the products and/or services you request;
- Email you about product and service offers, Events, updates, and newsletters;
- Respond to your inquiries;
- Improve our products and services; and
- For our records.
If you do not wish to share personal information with us, you may opt not to do so by refraining from engaging with us on our Website and social media and by clicking unsubscribe on emails we send you.
How We Store Your Information
We securely store your information using GDPR-compliant data processors in the United States. How long we retain personal information varies based on the type of data, nature of our relationship with you, and our legal and other obligations.
We will not share your personal information with third-party marketers.
We may share your information with third parties who sponsor our Events. If you do not wish to share your personal information with our third-party sponsors, you may opt not to do so by (1) refraining from RSVPing for our Events; (2) refraining from purchasing tickets for our Events; or (3) by emailing your name and email address to email@example.com with the subject line “Third-Party Sponsor Opt Out.”
We may share your personal information with third-party service providers as necessary to complete your transactions or provide the services you have requested and authorized and to manage our firm. Our current service providers include:
- Mailchimp for email marketing
- Calendly for scheduling
- PayPal for payment processing
- Stripe for payment processing
- 1 and 1 and SiteGround for website domain and hosting
- Events Calendar for event registration management
- Zoom for video conferencing
- Google Analytics to measure the performance of this Website. You can opt-out of Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on available here.
These service providers must adhere to data privacy and security requirements, including their own privacy policies available on their respective websites.
Hyperlinks to Other Websites
We may include hyperlinks to websites operated by parties that are not connected to or affiliated with us. We are providing these hyperlinks only for your reference and do not control these websites, their privacy policies, or their terms of service. By including a hyperlink to a third party’s website, we are not endorsing the information or material on the website.
Do Not Track Signals
Do Not Track (DNT) is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. Industry or legal standards do not yet exist regarding how DNT signals should be honored or recognized. Therefore, we do not currently respond to DNT signals.
Your Data Protection Rights
If you are covered by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have certain rights related to your personal information. Specifically, under certain circumstances, you have the right to the following:
- Request a copy of your personal data;
- Request correction of personal data that you believe is wrong or incomplete;
- Request erasure of your personal data;
- Request restricted processing of your personal data;
- Request transfer of your personal data to another organization or to you; and
- Object to our processing of your personal data.
You may contact us concerning any of these requests at the addresses listed in the Contact Us section below. We would appreciate the opportunity to answer your questions and resolve your concerns. You may file a complaint with the appropriate supervisory authority, but we urge you to contact us first. Please see the guide compiled by the United Kingdom’s Information Commissioner’s Office for more information about your rights under the DGPR, which is accessible at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
We do not offer services to children and do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. Should a child send us their personal information, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child to inform them that they may not use this Website.
Google Analytics collects and processes data as described here (“How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”). You can opt-out of Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on available here.]
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our Websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
Types of Cookies Used
Our Website uses the following types of cookies:
- Functionality – These cookies allow us to recognize you on our Website and remember your preferences. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
How to Manage Cookies
You can set your browser to not accept cookies. See allaboutcookies.org for more information about cookies, including how to remove cookies from your browser. Please note, if you decline to accept cookies, some of our Website features may not function.
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to us: She Stands Tall, LLC, 161 S. 1st St., Suite 400, Milwaukee, WI 53204
Updated: July 17, 2023